in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

switchfoot

in anticipation to the upcoming switchfoot concert (this saturday!) i've decided to post some of my favourite switchfoot lyrics.

from "dare you to move"

"Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here"

from "the beautiful letdown"

In a world full of bitter pain and bitter doubt
I was trying so hard to fit in, fit in,
until I found out
I don't belong here
I don't belong here
I will carry a cross and a song
where I don't belong


from "on fire"

When everything inside me
Looks like everything i hate
You are the hope i have for change
You are the only chance I'll take

And I'm on fire when you're near me
I'm on fire when you speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries.

from "twenty four"

I want to see miracles, see the world change
Wrestled the angel, for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
And You're raising the dead in me
Twenty four voices
With twenty four hearts
With all of my symphonies
In twenty four parts


on another note: thanks to all the people that have encouraged me through email or comments or phone calls. i've been starting to dig back into the Word (reading titus now). i've forgotten how good the Word is.

How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
~Psalm 119:103,105~

12 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great lyrics :D makes me want to listen to the songs - perhaps after the switchfoot concert on sat you'll be all switchfoot-ed out ^^ and you'd like to lend me cds with those songs :D ahaha ;) think about it :D and if so bring em to post-cru :D -zan

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait for switchfoot concert! yay! so excited!

    and you're going to go sky diving the day after my sister's wedding? haha. can I come?

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    switchfoot w/o me?? :*(
    waaaah... get me something switchfooty, goh!
    miss you, why don't you call? - mui

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i talked to danny channy on the phone the other nite. he sounds like he's having a blast up there! and you never told me you had a pool where your fam lives! wow, that must be so nice. i still think i'll be darker than dan when he comes back... i hope. i better be.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    switchfoot was soooooooooooo goooood! whoohooo! thanks for chilling with me most of the time. haha. it was fun stuff. hope our pictures turn out. and tiffy, I got you a sticker.

    dorcs

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOW WAS SWITCHFOOT??? ohhhh, the envy.. haha. no worries i'll just chill out here on my 52nd floor and blast it on the stereo. LOL yay!! dorcs got me a sticker :):) you're my ultimate hero! timmy, sorry we missed your call... call again!!!!!!!!!!! did you get my anything switchfooty?? hehe.. hope to hear from you soon goh!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tiffy, since I am too lazy to email you. I hope you read this comment. haha. but tim did get you something kind of switchfooty. but my sticker is better.

    just wanted to say that in case you were giving out bonus points for better gifts. haha.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger tim chan said…

    tiff and dorcas. so funny that u girls are having a mini conversation here on my comments. you girls are silly silly. ha ha.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey! sorry i no - showed :p i was completely fried and forgot i was going to try to come after my meeting :p plus i had to drive a bunch of ppl home - gids, if you're reading this i'm sorry!!! Yes. i am a lame-o :p

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heyhey,.. when and where are they playing?.. GM? Donna

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    never mind, i c that it's already past.. how was it?

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger tim chan said…

    hey donna! haven't seen u since... worship invasion. switchfoot was AWESOME. they're coming back in the fall i think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home