in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Blessing

As I arrived home after work, I began to realize how empty my apartment was. My sister has been gone on her missions trip for 2 weeks now, and my brother just left today for a year. And now I'm left alone for the summer. Although I relish the extra freedom I have living all alone, the sense of missing Dan and Tiff is far greater.

Dan and I had dinner at Fatso's yesterday. What better way to send him off than to go for some tasty ribs? I treasured that time with him, being able to connect face-to-face one last time before he left. During that time, he left me the best gift he's ever given me. His gift was an honest answer from the heart. They were words of encouragement that built me up, strengthened me, and blessed me immensely. The only thing keeping me from crying right then and there in the middle of the restaurant was my oh-so-stubborn manly pride (which comes in handy sometimes, especially during emotional times in public places)

Sometimes it takes the absence of a person before you realize the extent of their value / worth in your life. I'll miss Dan and Tiff while they're gone. And I send with them God's blessings as they continue their journey in life. May they grow in wisdom and understanding in the Lord's ways.


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
~1 Thessalonians 5:11~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home