in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Spiritual Leadership

I just came back from a one-day conference today on "Spiritual Leadership". The speakers were Henry and Richard Blackaby. And wow, I was so impressed at how God used the speakers, the conference, to impact my life. There were 6 separate sessions, and here's what I learned.

Session 1: The Leader's Role and Preparation

A spiritual leader is a child of God, a follower of God, and a person that guides others from where they are to where God is working. A spiritual leader leads people from their own agenda to God's agenda. Your role is to bear fruit.

As a spiritual leader, you are a servant of God. A servant doesn't discuss his instructions with his master, he follows them. You must be available, you must know God's heart through relationship.

My response:
When I have an opportunity to talk to a friend, TOO OFTEN I will settle for small talk. It's easier, talking about sports, complaining about work/school, complaining about your brother and sister deserting you leaving you all alone in the big and dangerous city of Vancouver, etc. And just like that I miss an opportunity to point them to God's agenda. Even asking a question like "What's God been teaching you? or What's God doing in your life?" focuses a conversation on the good things in life. And if I have 5 minutes to talk to someone, wouldn't I want to talk about the great things in life (like what God's up to) rather than the mediocre things?


hm. i think i'll leave it at that today. i'll post more at another time.


You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name
~John 15:16~


(now try substituting your own name in the verse)

You, Tim, did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you, Tim, whatever you ask in my name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home