in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

unity

it's really neat what God is doing.

here's an example. at the leadership conference i went to last month, the college/career group leaders from my sister churches got a chance to meet together for dinner. there was vancouver chinese baptist, richmond chinese, coquitlam chinese, and surrey chinese (my church).

there was a common interest of meeting together, joining together in the future. God seemed to have placed that desire in each of our hearts, and given us the opportunity to share that with each other.

tonight we met to pray, to share about what God's doing, so we can join Him. we sensed a need for unity (amongst the body of Christ, all followers of Jesus in Greater Vancouver), we sensed a need to seek God, a need to be available to Him, a need for repentance and for recommitment. what a powerful evening, and the start of something grand, something God-sized!

praise the Lord!


The people of Judah came together to seek help from the LORD ; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him.
~2 Chronicles 20:4~

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is dorcas. it's weird that you can be anonymous but it's also me. haha. nevermind. hey tim, how's it going? haven't talked to you in awhile. the reason I have not commented on your blogger thing in a long time is because...well, I'm in hong kong. not only am I in hong kong which is really no excuse, but your blog site is on my favourites list so I go to it every few days in canada when I go to all my favourite pages. but I'm not there, therefore, I cannot. if you understand.

    I am coming back in exactly a month. and we'll party it up. when I get home (as I am now slacking off at work) I will read through your blogs from the past 2 weeks and respond accordingly.

    oh, and I went shopping with your brother. we got you a shirt. haha.

    luv, dorcas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home