joy
well, the new year started more quiet than the ones before. previous new years would be spent a winter conferences, with lots of friends. i would always be fired up for the new year, with lots of goals i wanted to achieve. this new year started by constantly asking God for more strength. i felt quite weak, and very reliant. it was a humbling experience, but one needed to diminish my swelling pride.
i've been reading a book called "desiring God" by john piper. he says that "God is most glorified in my life when I am most satisfied in Him". there is a satisfying joy to be found in Christ, in relationship with Him. lots of verses back up this idea.
John 15:11
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
John 16:24
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.
God's promise of satisfying and complete joy brought hope into my life. i remembered the times i've experience joy in the Lord, the taste stays with me. and even though i may be having a dry, desert time in my life, the desire for joy is there. as this desire grows, my pursuit for joy strengthens.
Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
~Nehemiah 8:10~

2 Comments:
At 8:57 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Tim
Happy Birthday!
Thanks for always sharing so much of what's on u're heart. I've been spriritually dry for a while too, especially during december, and for sure God totally revealed some things during that time. I guess going to these "revival" conferences do help, but needless to say, revival should happen everyday with God. This year, I've taken on to think in the beginning of each day, "What am I doing/thinking/saying to prepare for worshipping God today?" And worship isn't so much a "thing" I have to do, but I guess it's more of a mentality and a "desire" thing - so how am I preparing my heart for that?. I really hope for myself (as well as u) to desire more of Him, to desire more of His wisdom, miracles, and a deeper relationship so that my joy can be complete and that people can see that fruit of the spirit pouring from within me (and u).
Mandy
At 2:41 PM,
Anonymous said…
'You SEE things; and you SAY "WHY?"
But I DREAM things that never were; and I SAY "WHY NOT?" (George Bernard Shaw)
May we dream God's dreams and see the world changed for His glory!
Post a Comment
<< Home