in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Monday, August 30, 2004

so good

that’s my God, so good.

sunday morning’s practise and worship was quite hectic for me. between forgetting to pick up my bass player and realizing i didn’t have overheads, it was enough to frustrate me for the entire worship service. as i was driving home, i just began to doubt if i could handle everything i was doing. the morning was reflective of many of the ministries i was involved in, it seemed i just didn’t have enough time or energy to do a good job with everything. i just felt i was in too much, more than i could handle. on top of that, i was helping to plan a beach social for crusade that afternoon, and it had been raining all week, and there were dark gloomy clouds in surrey that morning. rain would be a disaster. i had been hoping for a sunny day, but afraid to hope or pray too much in fear of being disappointed.

but thank God for the starfield cd that was left in my car.

“Through forgotten convictions
And misplaced affections
I'm losing the sound of your voice
I'm chasing after emptiness
Trying to tidy up this mess
And I swear I've been down this road before

I wanna get back to where it all began
When I would long for only you

Like a child I'll take you at your word
As these mountains of doubt, they fade away
I'm longing to trust and love you more
So for me this is beautiful
Brand new thought and a brand new world
Can I stay here forever here with you?

I've lost sight of what first drew me
To the love that persued me
The joy that inspired my song
The friendship that was all I knew
The arms that I would fall into
Seem miles and years from where I am today”

(lyrics from “Can I Stay Here Forever” by Starfield)

those words really reflected the state of my heart right then. and as I listened and drove closer to vancouver, the clouds began to clear. and then I saw some sunlight. there in the car, driving to vancouver listening to starfield, I had the most amazing and refreshing time of worship in a while. being able to worship & praise God from the bottom of my heart is so life-giving.

i ended up having a great time of fellowship, worship, volleyball, food, and fun with some great people that afternoon / evening. they are such a blessing in my life. praise God for them.

tonight, i was able to chat with a good friend from calgary. she was just sharing with me what God’s been doing in her life, and i was SO encouraged. at the beginning of this year, she surrendered her life fully to God after months of doubting. and God’s just been working in her amazingly, filling her life with abundance, providence and joy. her stories really reflected God’s goodness and grace. i had another good time of worship just listening to her share and being reminded how great my God is (and yes, i was in the car again).

i love how God changes lives. i love how God surprises me. i love how He’s so faithful.

God is good. all the time

“may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word”
~2 thes 2:16-17~

6 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all the time, God is good :)
    that's my favourite starfield song... good thing dorcas left it at the apt. eh?
    hope you're having a good sleep so you don't fall asleep at work again. haha
    looks like it's going to be ooone partly sunny week :)
    oh, i love God!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you stole my CD?!?!

    haha. kidding. I left it for tiffy because I thought she'd need some refreshing music to listen to while she had pneumonia. haha. little did I know it would be such a blessing to you. Priase God!!! thanks for sharing again.

    give me back my CD! kidding, keep it for as long as you want. or at least until I want it back. =)

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww - starfield - they're great aren't they?? too bad tim neufeld is already married - bah! - anyhow - glad their songs totally helped you through the day - I was listening to them a lot during my trip in China over and over again - kept my sanity...the lyrics are so good that it still amazes me everytime i listen to it - anyhow - i recommend you BUY their cd...they need to eat too...haha
    ~ mandy
    p.s. hope you're treating your starfield hat well

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He put this song of praise in this heart of mine! :D

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :D i actually have that cd :D it was on sale ^^ 2 cds for $25 ;p :D mmm that song is my favourite one on that cd :D ying has good taste! :D

    aw tim :D you know i'd give you a good book any day :D ahaha ;) but you've got lots of em waiting for you on the shelf already don't you? ahaha ;p

    okie i'll come on sunday then :) but i'll come early and help you make the spag and i'll bring drinks so i don't feel so bad when i ditch ;p prayer meeting starts at 7:30 so i gotta leave around 7:20 to make it on chinese time ahaha ;p

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey good godly boy! how dare you say i'm sarcastic! and HEY, why don't YOU post more often, huh??? yeah, yeah, blame ty for not posting... hypocrite. teehee. i'm having fun talking to you right now as i write this. i'll bring pizza on monday, k? ttyl... your loser friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home