recipe for praise
“sing your praise to the Lord”. that was the title of sarah and vernon’s wedding invitation. today was their wedding, and everything that happened caused me to praise God.
today’s wedding ceremony and banquet reflected sarah & vernon’s lives. the theme of the worship program (titled recipe for praise) was a neatly meshed theme of baking and music. sarah has a passion for baking, and vernon a passion for music. entertainment packs were prepared for the kids during the banquet, such a display of thoughtfulness. the speeches were all meaningful (especially hannah’s tear-jerker), showing the impact the couple has made of people’s lives. each goodbye was so genuine and personal, all guests were treated with respect and honour. the newly wed couple showed such humility, grace, joy, and gratitude through it all. what a display of their love for God, for each other, for their family, and for their friends.
God was glorified in a huge way today. thank you sarah and vernon.
i want my wedding to be the same: to God be the glory.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
~Psalm 86:12~

10 Comments:
At 1:45 AM,
Anonymous said…
ooooohhh... i wanted to go sooo bad!!! ya, they're definitely a cute couple! unfortunately i couldn't go to the wedding today due to a bbq i had to run.
At 7:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
man, now what am I supposed to post? haha. kidding. you're perfectly right though. totally on the money. I pray that my wedding will be the same. reflecting the grace and humility that sarah and vernon demonstrated. it was so so so good.
thanks so much tim for coming. y'know we joke about how you're the best chan because you came. but I'm being serious, it meant so much that you were there tonight for sarah and vernon. I know its not really danny and tiffy's fault. but tim, thank you so much for being a part of such a joyous time of worship. you have blessed sarah's life, vern's life, as well as mine and my entire family. so thank you.
dorcas.
At 7:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
awww... must have been so beautiful.
- tiff -
At 4:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
:D saw this on dawbee's site :D sounds so sweet! i should've crashed that party! ahaha ;p actually i did ;p - dawbees and fiona came out and we saw their pretty dresses :D man! i wish i could've heard dawbees songs and hannah's speach! :P too bad i don't really know sarah or vernon :P ahaha ;p
mmm.. i'm all about using my wedding as an evangelistic event :P Think about all the nonChristians who would come!!!
At 1:27 AM,
Anonymous said…
oh..I forgot to tell you that zan was outside...you should've come out..oops, sorry.
and yes, I stole your post and put it in mine. but I gave you credit. haha.
At 9:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
man, missed the wedding and lost the status of "favorite chan" permanently to you. mom asks if you've sent the book "confessions of a shopaholic" yet.. or at least the title is something like that - you would know
At 1:30 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Tim.
Yeah, Sarah and Vernon's wedding seems so far away now, but I remember the excitement and all the prep that went into it.
I had a blast playing at the wedding, and really enjoyed and appreciated being a part of it. The wedding programs themselves were worth the price of admission, so to speak.
I gotta catch some zzz's, but I'll talk to you later, man
JON
At 11:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
Huh?! What?! Sarah got married?! When did this happened?
Anyway, it's me Cecilia in Cali! Just wanted to say "hi". Alright, laters
oh wait, Tim, EMAIL ME!
At 10:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
post something duuude! it's been too long! your posts are always good to read! :D -zan
At 11:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
amen! ~noey
Post a Comment
<< Home