in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

reach vancouver

so we sat down tonight, compiled what was on everyone's hearts and minds, and put it together. (oh, let me tell u who "we" are. a bunch of the college/career people from the chinese baptist churches met at a spiritual leadership conference. we began meeting together because we felt that God had placed a similar desire for unity in our hearts for a reason)

to simpify, it was this: "to reach greater vancouver with the gospel through uniting christians"

that's our start. i'm excited to see where God leads us.

lately, God's been reminding me of the Great Commission. to win people to Christ, to build into them, and to send them out into the world to do the same. we're fighting for people's souls. evangelism has an eternal impact on people.

let's keep praying for our city, for our nation, for the world.

"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
~Matt 28:19-20 (NLT)~


6 Comments:

  • At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi tim! how are you? reading your blog is like reading a daily devotional. each day has a title, some thought provoking ideas and some scripture =)
    -larryboy0231

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    btw, that was meant as something good ^___^

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey. sorry for ignoring you today when you came into our house. I didn't even know you came in...was our door unlocked? did you just walk in? haha. that was weird. and I was in my funky green pajamas so it was even more weird..and I was watching apprentice..so I couldn't concentrate on talking to you. haha. next time come at the beginning of the show so we can watch it together. =)

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey. sorry for ignoring you today when you came into our house. I didn't even know you came in...was our door unlocked? did you just walk in? haha. that was weird. and I was in my funky green pajamas so it was even more weird..and I was watching apprentice..so I couldn't concentrate on talking to you. haha. next time come at the beginning of the show so we can watch it together. =)

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooooh that was a quick update considering how often you Usually post ^^ :D Sweet! :D

    thanks again for coming yesturday! you make a great kwame cause you're so dark ;p and i enjoy having the opportunity to Shove you AhaHAhaaha ;D j/k ;p

    :D sorry if i gave you some funny looks ;p one of my contacts popped out sometime that night so i had to take the other one out too ;p you probably didn't notice, but if you did, that's why Ahahaa ;p

    i'm excited to see where God leads us too!!! WooT WooT!!! He's So Moving! Craaaazy~! :D

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yayah - Reach Vancouver - we still have to Google it hey? the name is simple but really does encompass what our goals are.
    SO - came back from a Winter Conference meeting and things are starting to come together - so I'm gonna be more gung ho about promoting it now...And since you were saying how you wanted to evangelize more -just letting you know that there are a couple workshops that deal with revival and evangelism i.e. "The Five Characteristics of Revival"..."Getting Passionate about the Great Commission"..."Seeing God: at workplace"...and u know your favourite topic - dating..haha "What is the perfect date??" is also available for your choosing...jkjk
    So - yah - consider going this year - I know you've got other options during this time of the year - but since you haven't been for such a long time...continue to think about it k?

    ~mandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home