renewal
it was a beautiful day today. i took this opportunity to walk down to False Creek, sit on a bench in the sunshine, and spend some time with the Lord.
all week i feel like i've been fighting to spend time reading God's word. each time i've tried to read, i've been overcome with tiredness or something else comes up. i can't help but think that it's a spiritual battle.
i was reading parts of james today. it was so good to be reminded of the power of prayer. james tells us to, when we don't know what to do in life, to ask God for wisdom. and God gives wisdom generously to all, without finding fault. and believe that you've received it. what an amazing promise.
spending time with God reading His word is so refreshing. what the psalmist says in 19:7-8 is so true.
"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes."
romans 12 talks about renewing the mind. ephesians 4 talks about changing the attitude of the mind. that's such an important concept. and i think one way to renew the mind is to read God's word, because it's truth. God's word defeats the lies the world tells us, the deceit that Satan slips into our minds.
"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. "
~eph 4:22-24~

4 Comments:
At 11:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
haha. a reminder on xanga? not getting enough comments timmy? kidding kidding.
thanks for the thoughts. I totally know what you mean about being distracted by different things when I'm trying to read God's Word. Satan is so smart with distractions. it stinks.
dorcas
At 9:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Tim
It's awesome how you were reminded of the power of prayer. GOd listens to hearts that are seeking Him - if He is for us, who can be against us? I was reminded of the power of prayer today as well. We were at Experiencing GOd, and we ended with prayer, and I just totally balled when I prayed. And I brushed it off by saying that I cry all the time during prayer anyways, but then i realized I really feel a burden when I pray especially when it's for people, because I know that I don't pray enough. And when Mel wrote about her feeling that prayer is the key to changing Vancouver - soooo true. We need to pray more - period.
Mandy
At 10:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
Amen girL. :D wow! what an encouraging comment! :D
mmm :D this blog totally reminds me of the music sunday schooL class i wanted to teach :D sweet :D more sword to draw on :D
At 10:35 AM,
Anonymous said…
It's really refreshing to read your diary. You may have no idea of how God uses your diary to glorify Himself. Indeed, I have a lot to catch up in reading God's words. Lately, my relationship with God is so poor. I guess I should start doing something.
May God's blessings be with you always! :)
Vince
Post a Comment
<< Home