prayer
Sometimes I’m embarrassed by the timidity of my prayers. I think I fear to be bold in prayer because I don’t want to be disappointed in God. And if I am disappointed in God enough times, I might stop believing in Him. So to be safe, I don’t ask for much.
I think our prayer requests reflect how big we believe our God is.
Recently, a good friend of mine challenged my perspective on prayer. God’s Word is full of His promises to us. And God cannot go back on His word. Whenever we ask God for something He promised in His Word, His answer is always “yes”.
"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."
~2 Cor 1:20~
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours"
~Mark 11:24~
We just need to ask and believe.

18 Comments:
At 9:19 PM,
PakG1 said…
The limitations that we place on Him, huh? Move mountains, friend. :)
At 9:47 PM,
SarHa said…
Hey Timmy! Something I am learning as well...bigger prayers=bigger God.
At 10:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
AMEN :D mmm.. wish there was a way i could just leave eprops with blogspot ;p -zan
At 12:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
"Don't be afraid to ask God for great things. Anything less dishonors the
One Who has given us such awesome promises. When His answers and blessings
come showering down upon us, let's praise Him with all our hearts. But on
those occasions when He whispers, 'Go! Arise, and do what I've shown you to
do,' let us remember that many of the sweetest answers to prayer involve
working together with God to accomplish His purposes." Jim Cymbala
At 12:56 PM,
Shermeen said…
hey Tim!
you don't know me, but i think if you're THE Tim Chan, then you know my good friends A-train (arnold) and Bre'el (my housemate and classmate).
I got your blog via Arnold's blog.
enjoyed your entry...gotta go! just saying 'hi'!
shermeen
At 4:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
The Difference
I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day.
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me,
and heavier came each task;
"Why doesn't God help me?"
I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled on grey and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning
and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that
I had to take time to pray.
At 11:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
no no. thank YOU for slotting time for me. man, I feel so special. tim chan cancelled his precious hair appointment for me. goodness, your hair will have to stay so long for the next 2 days. what a sacrifice. =) thanks tim, its always so good to talk to you even when we're just bumming around talking about randoms.
At 12:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
"we just need to ask and believe" being able to put ask and believe together is the hardest part - viv
At 5:40 PM,
Shermeen said…
hey Tim, thanks for posting on my blog.
you know my bro and sis-in-law?
this world is indeed small!
Bree's doing pretty well, I think. We're all madly (not realy) studying for our end-unit test for neuro/psych/MSK right now.
how do you know A-train?
schano@alumni.sfu.ca
s
At 11:28 AM,
Anonymous said…
Rodbie is what taxonomists call Euprymna scolopes. But now that you mention it, it closely resembles your cyclopic pet-on-paper, Furry. Minus the fur and horns and tail, plus the tentacles and aquatic lifestyle. Haha... good times indeed.
Hey, great entry. I was talking to a friend about how prayer is not a telegram that takes forever to reach God. He hears it right away, answers it, and delivers it at the best time. We should ask, believe, and thank him in advance for answering, even though we may not see the answer right away....
At 5:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
I don't just LOOK like a frat leader, I AM a frat leader. HAH! have a great one brother.
Cheers,
Tyron
At 6:51 PM,
SarHa said…
Oh Tim, forgot to mention, did you know Switchfoot is back on Dec um 6th I think it is? I can't go (exams) but wanted to pass that along to you! Tix on sale Friday.
At 10:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
yayah switchfoot - I'm there! sorry to hear about that sarah :(
At 10:24 PM,
Anonymous said…
er - yeah...
it's Mandy who posted the last one - not Tim..don't mean to mislead ppls
BUT - everyone go to Switchfoot!
Mandy
At 12:53 AM,
Anonymous said…
mmm very encouraging comments from all your friends! :D -mm yes reading fresh wind fresh fire again would definitely be cooL :D i actually just went back to get "Prayer: key to Revival" from the library to read again.. mmmm SO GOOD. ;p but i still haven't finished "how ppl grow" yet :P aiyeah :P ah well
just to clarify.. the only other comment i left here was the one i signed.. i'm Anti anonymous postings cause it drives me mentaL ;p so i'll either be very obvious with the content of the comment or i'll sign off.. *grrr* anonymous ppl.. :p
Yaaay anonymous ppl who admit it when confronted AHahaa ;p
ttys tim! the power is Yours!!! Gooooooooo Planet!!! - nuv always in Christ, your sis, linka ehhehe ;)
At 2:15 AM,
Anonymous said…
Dont tell God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big your God is.
At 8:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
Timmy! You have a blog? I never knew!
Another verse to add to the list, John 16:24 "Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive and your joy will be complete."
Christina
At 11:47 AM,
simplejoys said…
thanks for the reminder about the power of prayer, tim. :)
(just angela and jason's friend checking in again. God bless!)
Post a Comment
<< Home