IS GOD MOVING?
When I look around at everything that's going on in my life, sometimes it's discouraging because God doesn't seem to be doing much. I get impatient and wonder when God's going to bring revival in my life, my church, my city, my country. Will I ever get to see it in my lifetime?
It's at these times that talking to a encouraging friend is a blessing.
God is at work in many places in the world. There are revivals in Africa and Korea and China. There are new churches being planted in our city. There are people praying passionately for Canada, for Vancouver, for my church, even for me.
When my focus is on me, that's when it can get discouraging. But when I remember how big God's kingdom is, then there's plenty to rejoice about. In fact, there's enough to rejoice about 24/7.
"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints-- the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing"
~Col 1:3-6~

7 Comments:
At 9:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Tim,
There's no doubt that God is working, and He's doing those God sized tasks that only He can. Like everyone, I have my doubts in God too, but it is out of these doubts that satan draws strength. If there is to be any doubt, it is in the ability of us as vessels for God, because there is the only place God's work goes wrong. But God never stops working. Check out Ps 115!
In Christ,
- me. (hint: you love having meetings with me)
At 11:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
SO - remember how I was telling you that I wasn't going to go on exchange because I felt God wanted me to stay. And that's mostly because I know God is working here in Vancouver and I know that I want to stick around and see His plans unfold and be used by Him in whatever ways He calls me to. So even though going away will definitely be an adventure, how much more of an adventure is it to be doing the work of our Lord? As much as I want to go to the coral reefs and find Nemo, there are a lot of things happening in Vancouver. With prayer and so many revival projects happening, I can't possibly deny the work of God here. You're right - there are tonnes to be be rejoicing about. All we have to do is look up and seek after God's heart and then look around and see where He is working and join Him.
oh-btw...can u pray for me...I'm feeling some stomach flu/food poisoning going on. not good at this time. thanks
Mandy
At 9:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
YEEEEEAAAAH BABEEEEE!!! :D :D :D He IS Moving!!! :D WooT WooT!!! :D :D :D
At 6:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
hey tim! yeah i remember the police dude incident hahaha so funny. what the heck, who ever gets warned in HK for jaywalking. you should come to hk soon! (or i'll try to get to vancouver one of these days)
At 6:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
dangit - i always forget to sign my name, but you probably guessed it haha
olie
At 4:04 AM,
PakG1 said…
1 Kings chapters 18 and 19. :) Especially 19. :D
At 6:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him...
Post a Comment
<< Home