in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tired

It’s not a physical tiredness, because I’ve been getting plenty of rest. More of a weariness. I lack motivation. It seems there’s no drive or strength to fight anymore. It seems this year is ending off on a splutter. I’ve noticed a gradual diminishing of strength these past few months.

This place is familiar to me. Somehow I recovered last time. Now I’m back again. As you can see, perseverance is something I lack.

There’s a decision I need to make. It’s whether to trust God’s word and choose His way or not. This decision was always a no-brainer to me, until I actually had to choose for myself. I’m not sure why I struggle so much, why I avoid making the decision. Where do I get strength to make a commitment like this? I feel weak.

I feel selfish pitying myself. There’s millions of people worse off than me, especially with the disaster in southeast asia. (for some perspective, read pheeohnah’s dec 26 post)


"Wish I had what I needed
To be on my own
'Cause I feel so defeated
And I'm feeling alone
And it all seems so helpless
And I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
With nowhere to land
And all I see
It could never make me happy
And all my sand castles spend their time collapsing

chorus:
Let me know that you hear me
Let me know your touch
Let me know that you love me
Let that be enough

And I feel stuck watching history repeating
Yeah who am I just a kid who knows he's needy"

(switchfoot - let that be enough)

"Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD , do not delay."
~Psalm 70:5~

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Tim

    Happy New Year!!

    let's catch up - I've missed chatting with u!!! hehe...give me a call when u're free. God Bless.

    Mandy

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i learned to play that song at a time when the words didn't really resonte with me, but today they really struck a chord. thanks for posting them.

    i heard a song on the airport express that really tugged at my heart. i want to post it soon, but i think it will take a little bravery to reveal a bit more of my weaknesses.

    soon soon. happy new year tc.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops. forgot to sign my name to that anonymous post....

    -fiona-

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger SarHa said…

    Those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength...but waiting is so hard to do. I know I rely too much on myself and my feelings to get me out of unmotivated ruts. And of course, I usually fail. The aftermath of these valleys of weakness and loss of drive are always worth the struggle it takes to actually get throught them though. They always give new perspective, and bring you somewhere in your relationship with God you never knew before. But anyways, good to see you (briefly) today Timmy. We need to hang out sometime soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home