in search for life

how did God create me to live? that's what i'm searching for... hopefully we can help each other out, in our search for purpose, for fulfillment, for freedom, for true life.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

ANSWER

I pride myself in my driving skills. When I say skills, I don't mean the cool stuff (like fast driving, quick turns, or the ability to pull off donuts in the snow - those skills I don't have). When I say skills, I mean I got zero demerits on my driving exams (the less cool stuff like driving sensibly and safely).

But even with all my skills, I managed to get myself stuck in a curb after failing to complete a 3 point turn on a small street (right in front of my loud grandma's house). So there I was, trying to reverse out of the curb, but failing to do so... (what didn't help was the fact that my grandma was yelling advice in Chinese from across the street - also, there was this old chinese man on his steps watching me as I struggled). It was then I said an almost automatic prayer for help from God. Next, a young man pulled up, didn't say a word to me, and went straight to lifting/pushing my car. That was all it took, and I was free (free to drive away from my yelling grandma - who later called me to inform me of all the mistakes I had made in those 3 minutes - ironically it took her about 10 minutes accomplish this - and free to drive away from the old chinese man who was looking strangely at me, i did wave at him, because he looked like he was in the process of coming to help me - he waved back).

Anyways - it wasn't until 5 minutes ago that I realized that the man came after I had prayed. It seems like an obvious answer to prayer, and yet, it took me about 4 hours to realize that. So often I pray without expecting an answer. Why is that? Probably because I fear being disappointed by what I interpret as unanswered prayer. Where is my faith? Too often I forget the promises of Jesus. That's why I need constant reminders.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
~Mark 11:24~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home