LIST
I sat down a few days ago, to write down the things i needed to do before Christmas, for Christmas. Buying Christmas cards, writing them, sending them, deciding on gifts, buying gifts, putting up the Christmas tree, preparing for Christmas joint service, preparing for Christmas eve service, family events... it turned out to be quite the list. And long lists cause me stress. It looks like a busy Christmas, like every Christmas.
And with every busy Christmas comes the challenge to maintain my focus. It seems a paradox to be so busy, and yet need to stop to realize the significance of Jesus' birth and celebrate it.
Yet I realize, in the midst of the busyness, I can still celebrate Jesus' birth. For each activity I do, I must understand its purpose in this season. I send Christmas cards to show my appreciation and love for other people, it's also my way to show my appreciation and love for my Saviour (by loving others). When I buy gifts, I remember God's gift of love to us. As I prepare for the Christmas services at church, I remember that the service is one big gift of worship, put together by many people, presented to our God. And as I put up my Christmas tree... (well, honestly, I have yet to find the significance of the Christmas tree, please enlighten me if you know).
So from my point of view, instead of just busyness, it's focused busyness. It's focused on Jesus (as I hope every part of my life will be - not just during Christmastime, but Christmastime is a good time to practise).
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
~Romans 5:8~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home